Read Microsoft Word - Position Announcement State Master Gardener Coordinator text version

Position Announcement State Master Gardener Coordinator Position: The Department of Horticulture (www.hort.uga.edu), the University of Georgia, is seeking applicants for a State Master Gardener Coordinator. The position is a full-time, public service track faculty position, with a 100% Extension appointment. Approximately 70% of job responsibilities will be the coordination of the State Master Gardener Program, with the remaining 30% devoted to consumer horticulture programming. This position will report directly to the Horticulture Department Head. Faculty position responsibilities include: · · · · · · · · · · · · · Provide statewide leadership to the Georgia Master Gardener Program Serve as a resource to County Extension personnel Assist in hosting/coordinating trainings for county agents on volunteer management Update Master Gardener program materials and administrative manuals Manage the Master Gardener Program budget Supervise a part-time Program Assistant Teach Master Gardener classes as needed Attend state and national Master Gardener conferences and serve on appropriate committees Contribute articles promoting the program to the media and Master Gardener newsletter Serve as liaison to GMGA (Georgia Master Gardener Association) Create new and innovative training methods for Master Gardeners using emergent technologies Develop consumer horticulture programs and materials Collaborate with other horticulture faculty and other departments as needed

About the Program ­ Master Gardener Volunteers play a vital role in Cooperative Extension, assisting County Extension Agents in delivering horticultural information and programs throughout the state. They also take part in Extension-partnered community projects, from planting demonstration gardens to gardening projects with children and others within their communities. The Georgia Master Gardener Program has trained over 10,000 volunteer educators during its 30 years in the state. Today, there are over 3,000 active Master Gardeners statewide, volunteering in 45 participating counties. Location: Department of Horticulture, University of Georgia, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, Griffin Campus, Griffin, GA. (Alternative office location may be possible.) Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Qualifications: Candidates must have a Master's Degree or higher in Horticulture, Agriculture, or closely related field. Experience in volunteer management and working with groups is required. Candidates must have excellent organizational development, leadership, and communication skills.

Candidate must be proficient in computer technology, including word processing and multimedia presentations. Knowledge of emerging electronic delivery systems, including use of social media, internet-based teaching and learning, and electronic publishing is also desired. To Apply: Applications received by November 15, 2011 are assured of consideration. Applicants should submit material electronically. Applicants should send a formal letter of application; a résumé including educational and employment experience; and letters of reference from four individuals. The names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers of these references should also be provided. All material should be addressed to: Bob Westerfield, Search Committee Chair Phone: 770-228-7243 Email: [email protected] The University of Georgia is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants regardless of gender or ethnic background. Effective January 1, 2008, the Board of Regents has enacted a "background check" policy for new hires in the system as a condition of employment. Upon offer of employment, you must complete the "Consent for a Background Investigation" form.

Information

Microsoft Word - Position Announcement State Master Gardener Coordinator

2 pages

Report File (DMCA)

Our content is added by our users. We aim to remove reported files within 1 working day. Please use this link to notify us:

Report this file as copyright or inappropriate

968883