Read undergrad_app_2010-11.pdf text version

2010-2011 Undergraduate

Application for Admission

Summer/Fall 2010

Winter/Spring 2011

Apply online at

A Word From the Chancellor

Dear Applicant: Welcome to the California State University, the nation's largest and best university system. As a freshman or as an undergraduate transfer student, you will be among nearly 450,000 students on 23 campuses that span the state of California. In the Cal State system, we pride ourselves on our quality and student-centered focus. Our highly regarded faculty are, first and foremost, teachers. They share their knowledge and research with students in classrooms, labs, and field studies, and via computers and videoconferencing. We encourage you to be an active partner with our faculty throughout your learning process. Beyond the classroom, the CSU provides countless opportunities for interaction, personal development, and community service. Our campuses offer numerous clubs and organizations covering a broad array of interests, internships, and volunteer opportunities. CSU students also have the opportunity to study abroad through our International Programs. If you would like to explore the CSU system and our campuses online, you can browse through CSUMentor at You are encouraged to apply for admission online through CSUMentor. Our faculty and staff have a sincere interest in helping you reach your personal and professional goals. We look forward to having you as a valued member of our university family. With kind regards, Sincerely,

Charles B. Reed Chancellor The California State University

The California State University

Nondiscrimination Policy

Race, Color, and National Origin

The California State University complies with the requirements of The California Title VI and Title VIIUniversity State of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as well as other applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination. No person shall, on the basis of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination in any program of the California State University.

The California State University

Table of Contents

Welcome from the Chancellor First-Time Freshman State University Admission Requirements Required Placement Tests Transfer Admission Requirements Second Bachelor's Admission Costs of Attendance

The California

2 3 3 4 4 5


The California State University does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its WORKING the CALIFORNIA programs and activities. Sections 504 and 508 of FORRehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and various state laws prohibit such discrimination. [Name and title of employee], has been designated to coordinate the efforts of [name of institution] to comply with all relevant disability laws. Inquiries concerning compliance may be addressed to this person at [campus address and phone number].

The California State University

The California State University Financial Aid Information 4


Other Programs and Services


The California State University

Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Admission Requirements 5 The California State University

OFFICE OF THE CHANCELLOR Services to Students with Disabilities Program

The California State University does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender or sexual orientation in the educational programs or activities it conducts. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and certain other federal and state laws prohibit discrimination on these bases in education programs and activities operated by [name of institution]. Such programs and activities include admission of students and employment. Inquiries concerning the application these laws to programs and activities of [name OFFICE OF THE CHANCELLOR of institution] may be referred to [name of person], the campus officer(s) assigned the administrative responsibility of reviewing such matters or to the Human Resource Services Regional Director of the Office for Civil Rights, United States Department 401 Golden Shore, Long Beach, CA 90802-4210 of Education, 50 Beale Street, Suite 7200, San Francisco, California 94105.

5 5 5 7 8 8 8 9

Housing Information Immunization Requirements Residence Classification


The California State University

The California State University Impacted Programs 5-6

Human Resource Services Application Process 401 Golden Shore, Long Beach, CA 90802-4210 562-951-4664 | Fax 562-951-4973

562-951-4664 | Fax 562-951-4973

The California State University is committed to providing equal ties to male and female CSU students in all campus programs, including intercollegiate athletics.

Application Instructions Degrees and Majors Application Form Apply Online


Graduation Rates

Information about graduation rates is available from each campus.


The California State University

The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Human Resource Services Statistics Act requires the distribution of an annual security report to all cur401 Golden Shore, Long Beach, availability to prospective rent faculty, staff, and students and notice of itsCA 90802-4210 562-951-4664 | annual security report includes statistics for students, faculty, and staff. TheFax 562-951-4973 the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certainwww.calstate.eduor property owned or controlled by the off-campus buildings California State University, and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Police Department of each campus or by accessing the following website:

Campus Locations CHANCELLOR OFFICE OF THE and Addresses Outside Back Cover

Forms Insert The California State University

2 0 1 0 - 2 0 1 1

Human Resource Services 401 Golden Shore, Long Beach, CA 90802-4210 562-951-4664 | Fax 562-951-4973


The CSU application is available online through CSUMentor at


First-Time Freshman Admission Requirements

Do I meet minimum eligibility requirements for the CSU? You are eligible for admission if you:

· Haveorwillhavegraduatedfromhighschool. · Meettheeligibilityindexwithyourgradepointaverageand test scores (see the formula below). · HaveorwillhavecompletedwithagradeofCorbettera pattern of courses that total 15 units (see below). A "unit" is one year of study in high school. You may be required to meet higher admission requirements for impacted programs or campuses (see page 5).

What is the eligibility index?

example, "Total English" should be translated into a number that will reflect the number of semesters of that subject if it had been completed on a traditional semester calendar. That is, for a full year of study, the number would be 2 for each year and a total of at least 8 for four years of English. Remember, you can count only courses with grades of C or better.

How will the CSU campus know if all admission requirements have been completed?

Use this formula to see if your grade point average and test scores meet the required eligibility index: SAT Scores: My index is taken in 10th, 11th, and 12th grades) __________ GPA ACT Scores: (________ x 200) + (10 x ACT Composite)* Your high school GPA (All approved college prep "a-g" courses My index is taken in 10th, 11th, and 12th grades) __________

*The CSU does not include the SAT or ACT writing scores in the Eligibility Index.

GPA (________ x 800) + your SAT Total* Your high school GPA (All approved college prep "a-g" courses

As a first-time freshman applicant, you are required to submit a final high school transcript after you have completed your senior year of classes. The high school transcript must have a graduation date posted on it. A final review of the transcript will be done to verify that you have completed successfully all required courses and maintained the eligibility index required. The final review may result in a change in admission status.

When should I send transcripts?

The campus(es) to which you are applying will inform you when to submit your official high school transcript. Transcripts must be received in sealed envelopes directly from the high school.

Is the foreign language requirement ever waived?

California residents must have a minimum index of 2900 using SAT scores or 694 using ACT scores. Non-California residents must have a minimum index of 3502 using SAT scores or 842 using ACT scores.

California Resident Eligibility Index Examples GPA 3.0 2.8 2.6 2.4 2.2 2.0 ACT Composite SAT Total Score Score No minimum score required 14 660 18 820 22 980 26 1140 30 1300

If you can demonstrate competency in a language other than English that is equivalent to or higher than that expected of students who have completed two years of foreign language study, you may be allowed a waiver. For further information, contact the CSU campus where you are applying.

Are students with disabilities expected to complete the 15 units of college preparatory subjects?

GPA below 2.00 does not qualify for CSU regular admission. The complete Eligibility Index tables for California resident and nonresident students are available at

All applicants are encouraged to complete the 15 units of college preparatory subjects. If you are unable to complete certain subjects because of your disability, you should contact the Director of Services to Students with Disabilities at the CSU campus(es) you wish to attend to receive further information about your eligibility to attend the university.

Do I have to declare a major to apply to a CSU campus?

Most CSU campuses allow you to apply as an "undeclared" major. You should check with the campus to which you are applying.

Do I have to take any placement tests for the CSU?

What are the 15 units of courses I need?

You must complete with a grade of C or better the following pattern of college preparatory subjects totaling 15 units: 2 years: 4 years: 3 years: 2 years: 2 years: 1 year: 1 year: Social Science, including one year of U.S. History or U.S. History and Government English Mathematics (Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II; or integrated mathematics including these topics) Science with a laboratory (one year biological and one year physical) Foreign Language (the same language) Visual and Performing Arts: Art, Dance, Theatre/Drama, or Music** Elective chosen from the subject areas listed above or approved college preparatory elective courses

The results of the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry Level Mathematics Test (ELM) are required of all incoming students PRIOR to enrolling in classes; therefore, you will need to take the tests before you attend the CSU unless you are exempt.

How can I be exempt from the placement tests?

English Placement Test (EPT): · Ascoreof550orhigherontheSAT(criticalreading)or24on the English part of the ACT will exempt you from the EPT.* · Aresultof"exempt"ontheCSUEarlyAssessmentofReadinessfor College English based upon the 11th grade augmented CST. This test is often called the EAP (Early Assessment Program). Entry Level Mathematics Test (ELM): · Ascoreof550orhigherontheSATMathematicsor23onthe Math part of the ACT will exempt you from the ELM.* · Aresultof"exempt"ontheCSUEarlyAssessmentofReadinessfor College Math, or a result of "conditionally exempt" if you successfully completed an approved mathematics or Advanced Placement (AP) physics course in 12th grade. This test is often called the EAP (Early Assessment Program).

Can I take the EPT/ELM tests at any CSU campus?

**One year of one discipline, e.g., art, drama, dance, or music. How do I report my courses if my school is not on the semester system?

If your school uses a calendar other than the traditional semester system (two terms per academic year), report all terms and grades earned. For example, if your school is on a trimester system, enter the three grades in the three columns. If your school is on a block system or you receive more than three grades for the year, you may enter the fourth grade to the right of the summer/term column. If your school is on a trimester, quarter, or block calendar, you may need to make an adjustment when you record the total units in each academic area. For

You may schedule and take the test(s) at any CSU campus. Just indicate on the test form the CSU campus(es) that should receive your scores. For more information about the CSU EPT/ELM tests including test dates and test centers, visit

*Other ELM/EPT exemptions are described in individual CSU campus catalogs, as well as the website.



What does my score on the English Placement Test (EPT) and/or the Entry Level Mathematics Test (ELM) mean?

Depending on your scores on the EPT and/or the ELM, you may be required to complete one or more specific remedial courses upon enrollment as indicated by the campus. Remedial classes must be completed satisfactorily within one academic year.

Where can I learn more about CSU admission, placement, and testing requirements?

with campuses when you have specific questions or would like further information.

English Success:

The English Success website provides information and authoritative advice on how to meet the CSU English Placement Test (EPT) requirements and includes practice tests to help students get ready for college-level English.

There are a number of websites that contain more information about CSU requirements related to admission and required competencies in English and mathematics: CSUMentor: CSUMentor allows you to explore campuses; find matches with campuses that meet your needs for academic major, location, and other criteria; learn about admission requirements and services available to students; learn about financial aid; and communicate directly

Mathematics Success:

The Math Success website offers authoritative advice and information on how to meet the CSU Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) requirement, and provides access to preparatory tools such as online tests, personalized assessments, and real-time online math tutoring.

Transfer Admission Requirements

Lower-Division Transfer Admission Requirements

Some campuses restrict enrollment of lower-division transfer students. California residents may be eligible for CSU admission with fewer than 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units) if they: · Haveacollegegradepointaverageof2.00orbetterinalltransferable college units attempted. · Areingoodstandingatthelastcollegeoruniversityattended,i.e., eligible to re-enroll. · Meettheadmissionrequirementsforafirst-timefreshmanorhave successfully completed necessary courses to make up the deficiencies they had in high school if they did not complete the 15-unit (a-g) pattern of college preparatory subjects. · Meettheeligibilityindexrequiredofafreshman. Some campuses may require lower-division transfer students to have completed English composition and general education mathematics prior to transfer. Some campuses do not admit lower-division transfer students. Contact your campus of choice to determine whether there are admission limits on the number of lower-division transfer students. Students who completed college units before they graduated from high school or during the summer between high school graduation and CSU enrollment are considered first-time freshmen and must meet those admission requirements. For more information regarding general education and pre-major requirements, please consult your community college counselor and visit

If I am a lower-division transfer applicant and I do not meet the eligibility index from high school, what do I do?

· Havecompletedorwillcompletepriortotransferatleast30semester units (45 quarter units) of courses equivalent to general education requirements with a grade point average of C or better. The 30 units must include all of the general education requirements in communication in the English language (English composition, oral communication, and critical thinking) and at least one course of at least 3 semester units (4 quarter units) in college-level mathematics.

What happens if I do not complete the admission requirements?

As a transfer applicant, you are required to submit final college transcripts prior to attendance in CSU classes to verify your successful completion of courses. If you did not complete the courses needed for admission, the CSU campus to which you applied may delay or cancel your admission or enrollment until you successfully complete the required course(s). Note: Some CSU campuses will admit transfer students based on courses "in progress," and some will not. Please consult the specific campus(es) or their published or electronic materials for specific campus information.

When should I send transcripts?

Simultaneous to your applying for admission, request that official transcripts be sent directly from all colleges and universities that you previously attended, even if no course work was completed. If transferring with fewer than 60 transferable semester (90 quarter) units completed, you also must submit your high school transcript and official test scores. Transcripts must be received in sealed envelopes directly from each institution you attended.

Do transfer students have to take placement tests in English and math?

It is highly recommended that you continue your education at a community college and complete 60 or more transferable semester units (90 quarter units) before attempting to transfer to a CSU. You should complete as many of the general education and pre-major requirements as possible.

Upper-Division Transfer Minimum Eligibility Requirements

Upper-division transfer students who have completed English composition and college-level math courses with grades of C or better are exempt from the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry Level Mathematics Test (ELM). Transfer students will be required to take the placement tests if they are not exempt based on their SAT or ACT scores (see the freshman section on EPT/ELM exemptions) or if they have not completed an appropriate English composition course and a college-level math course with grades of C or higher.

You are eligible for admission with 60 or more transferable semester units (90 quarter units) if you: ·Haveacollegegradepointaverageof2.00orbetter(2.40for non-California residents) in all transferable college units attempted. ·Areingoodstandingatthelastcollegeoruniversityattended,i.e., you are eligible to re-enroll.



Which application do I fill out if I want to pursue a second bachelor's degree?

You should complete the online undergraduate application for admission to apply for a second bachelor's degree. However, applicants for second bachelor's degrees are considered undeclared postbaccalaureate students even though they will not be pursuing a graduate objective. You will qualify for CSU admission if you: (1) have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional

accrediting association or have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities; (2) are in good academic standing at the last college or university attended; and (3) have attained a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A=4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted, or a 2.5 GPA on units included in your bachelor's degree. Some campuses or departments restrict or prohibit enrollment of second bachelor's and undeclared postbaccalaureate students.

Undergraduate Financial Aid Information

What kind of financial aid is available? California Domestic Partner Rights and Responsibilities Act

The CSU provides financial assistance in the form of grants, scholarships, loans, fellowships, and part-time employment for students who meet financial aid program eligibility requirements.* If you believe you and your family will not be able to pay for all your educational costs, you are encouraged to apply for financial aid. *CSU financial aid awards are contingent upon continued funding from federal and state government programs. International students who are in the United States on F-1 or F-2 student visas and students who are not citizens or eligible noncitizens are NOT eligible to receive federal or statefunded financial aid and should not apply.

How do I apply for financial aid?

If you or your custodial parent are registered with the California Secretary of State's office as a domestic partner, your eligibility for statefunded financial aid is determined by including consideration of your domestic partner or your parent's domestic partner and their financial circumstances. However, the income and assets of domestic partners are not used in determining eligibility for federal financial aid and are not reported on the FAFSA. Therefore, after you have completed and filed your FAFSA, you must consult the campus website or contact the financial aid office for additional information and the form required in California in order to recognize the domestic partnership for state and institutional aid purposes.

What if I decide to change my financial aid application to another CSU campus?

You must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year between January 1 and March 2 to be considered for priority filing for the fall term.* All campuses will continue to accept applications after the priority filing date and will make awards as long as funds are available. The FAFSA and other student aid information is available at the U.S. Department of Education's website, The FAFSA can be accessed through Undergraduate California residents must also apply for a Cal Grant from the California Student Aid Commission. Undergraduates applying for a Cal Grant must complete and mail the FAFSA by the March 2 deadline and have their school counselor submit a verified grade point average (GPA) to the commission by the March 2 deadline. Students who graduated from high school or received a GED in 2000-2001 or later are entitled to a Cal Grant if they meet the basic financial requirements, have at least a 2.0 high school GPA, and apply within one year of high school graduation. Community college transfers who graduated from high school during 2000-2001 or later may be eligible for an entitlement grant upon transfer from a community college if they maintain a 2.4 GPA and meet other eligibility criteria. Information on Cal Grants is available at

What about scholarships?

You must notify the FAFSA processing service of the name, address, and federal code of your alternate campus if you did not originally include it on your FAFSA. You may do this by accessing your FAFSA online and add institutions on your school list.

Can I estimate how much financial aid might be available to me?

Use the CSU Cost Calculator (CSUCC) to estimate how much financial aid might be available to you. You will find the CSUCC form on the Web at Click on the "Financial Aid" bar and then click on "CSUCC."

Average Costs of Attendance

Following are estimated costs for the 2009-2010 academic year (9 months) for undergraduate students enrolling at CSU campuses.

Commuting from Home Living in Living Away fr Home/ Campus Housing Off-Campus

The number and types of scholarships available vary from campus to campus as do application procedures. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, you should contact the campus Financial Aid or Scholarship Office to obtain application forms and additional information.

Selective Service Registration

State University Fee* $4,026 Miscellaneous Fees 978 Books and Supplies 1,624 Meals and Housing 4,207** Transportation 1,207** Misc. Personal 2,640** Total $14,682**

$4,026 978 1,624 10,011 1,086 2,577 $20,302

$4,026 978 1,624 10,752 1,226 2,614 $21,220

The federal Military Selective Service Act (the "Act") requires most males residing in the United States to present themselves for registration with the Selective Service System within 30 days of their 18th birthday. Most males between the ages of 18 and 25 must be registered. If you were born after December 31, 1959, you may be required to submit a statement of compliance with the Act and regulations in order to receive grant, loan, or work assistance. Selective Service registration forms are available at any U.S. Post Office, and many high schools have a staff member or teacher appointed as a Selective Service Registrar. You can also request that information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) be used to register you with the Selective Service. Information on the Selective Service System is available and the registration process may be initiated online at

*$4,026 is the amount undergraduates enrolled in more than 6 units pay; undergraduates in 6 or fewer units pay $2,334. Graduate and postbaccalaureate students enrolled in more than 6 units pay $4,962, and those in 6 units or fewer pay $2,880. Students enrolled in teaching credential programs for a Multiple Subject, Single Subject, or Special Education credential pay $4,674 if they are taking more than 6 units and $2,712 if they are taking 6 or fewer units. **The cost of meals, housing, and personal expenses for students who continue to live with parents or relatives are not expected to increase because of college attendance. Transportation expenses for commuting students will vary depending on the type of transportation used and the distance traveled. Students not classified as California residents must pay nonresident tuition. Nonresident tuition for 2009-2010 is scheduled at $372 per semester unit (or $248 per quarter unit) in addition to the fees listed in the table above. Tuition and fees are subject to change by the Trustees of The California State University without advance notice.

*Applicants entering in the winter or spring terms should apply for financial


aid as soon as possible after January 1, 2010, for winter or spring 2011.


General Information for All Applicants

How much does it cost to apply to the CSU? What is the TOEFL? Who needs to take the TOEFL?

An application processing fee of $55 in U.S. funds, payable to The California State University, is required for each new application filed. The fee is nonrefundable and may not be transferred to another term at any campus. The fee is required for each campus to which you apply. The application fee for up to four campuses may be waived if you are a California resident from a low-income family for whom the application fee would be an extreme and undue hardship. Both the application fee waiver form and/or payment by credit card are available when you apply online at

What other programs and services are available at the CSU campuses?

The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required of all students whose native language is not English and who have not attended schools at the high school level or above for at least three full years of full-time study where English is the principal language of instruction. The TOEFL exam may be taken as a paper exam, or via computer or the Internet. A minimum score of 500 on the paper exam, 61 on the Internet version, or 173 on the computer-based TOEFL is required.* Some CSU campuses or particular majors require higher score results than these minimum scores. Please check with the CSU campus in which you are interested for the required scores.

*Candidates for a second bachelor's degree must have a TOEFL score of 550 on the paper version, 80 on the Internet version, or 213 on the computer-based exam. Are there opportunities to enroll at more than one campus while I am a CSU student?

Educational Equity Programs, Child Care Centers, Services to Students with Disabilities, Academic Services, Veterans Affairs, Troops to College, and the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) are among the programs that are available at most campuses.

Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Admission Requirements

Each CSU campus (except California Maritime Academy) has an Educational Opportunity Program for undergraduate students who are California residents and are disadvantaged because of their economic and educational backgrounds. Students with a history of low income who need academic and financial assistance may apply for the program. EOP accepts students who do not meet regular admission criteria, as well as those who qualify for regular admission.Because acceptance to the EOP program is limited, you should file your application for admission to the campus and complete your EOP forms early in the filing period. Please note: The criteria for acceptance to the EOP program at the CSU are more restrictive than those of the EOP&S program at the California Community Colleges. Therefore, you may not be accepted to an EOP program at the CSU, even though you may be an EOP&S student at a California Community College.

What if I require accommodations or support services due to a disability?

Students enrolled at any CSU campus will have access to courses at other CSU campuses on a space-available basis unless those campuses or programs are impacted. The programs include the Concurrent and Visitor Enrollment programs within the CSU and the Cross Enrollment program between the CSU and the California Community Colleges and the University of California. Additional information about these programs is available from the campus admission office.

What is an impacted major or program?

The CSU designates major programs as impacted when more applications are received in the initial filing period from CSU-eligible applicants than can be accommodated by the campus. The initial filing period is defined as the first month(s) of the filing period (October 1 through November 30 for fall terms). If you are interested in an impacted major, you must apply during the initial filing period. You will be subject to supplementary admission criteria and may not be accepted into the program. In order to maximize your opportunities, you may wish to consider as a second choice a campus that will continue accepting applications beyond the initial filing period. When CSU-eligible applicants are not accommodated for admission to one impacted CSU campus, they may be re-routed one time to an "open" campus without having to pay another application fee.

Which campuses have impacted majors?

The Office of Services to Students with Disabilities Program provides educational support services to help students with documented physical, perceptual, psychological, or learning disabilities. Services may include registration assistance, campus orientation, disabled person parking, note takers, readers, sign language interpreters, test-taking assistance, supplemental assessment of learning disability, real-time captioning, transcription, disability-related counseling, assistive technology, and referral information. For additional information, contact the Office of Services to Students with Disabilities at the CSU campus you are interested in attending.

Where do I find information about housing at the campuses?

Contact the Housing Office at the campus you wish to attend to learn about housing on and off campus. Housing applications should be submitted at the same time as your admission application. Some campuses may have additional requirements or early deadlines for campus housing.

What are the CSU immunization requirements?

Many campuses have some impacted majors that require additional admission criteria. Several majors are impacted at one or more but not all of the campuses offering the major. Generally, the majors remain the same from one year to the next, but the criteria are subject to change, and you should contact the campus directly for the most current information or go to (search for "impacted programs"). Detailed information about the 2010-2011 CSU impacted campuses and programs/majors can be accessed at All majors at San Luis Obispo (SLO) and most majors at San Diego (SD) as well as Long Beach (LB) are impacted. As a guide for 2010-2011 admission, the following majors are impacted at presstime at one or more campuses in addition to San Diego and San Luis Obispo: Animal Health Science (Pomona) Animal Science (Pomona) Apparel Design & Merchandising (San Francisco) Architecture (Pomona, SLO) Art (Long Beach, SD, SLO) Biology (Long Beach, SD, SLO)

All students are required to present proof of immunization against measles and rubella, and all students 18 years of age or younger are required to present proof of immunization against hepatitis B (up to three timed doses) before enrolling. The campus will provide you with information on how to complete the requirements. In addition, the campus will provide to first-time freshmen who will reside in on-campus housing information about meningococcal disease.



Business Administration (Fullerton, LB, SD, SJ, SLO, San Marcos) (Accountancy, Finance and option Financial Services are impacted at Northridge) Child & Adolescent Development (Fullerton) Communication (Fullerton, Long Beach, SD, San José, Sonoma) Computer Science (SLO) Criminal Justice/Administration (LB, SD, San José, SLO) Design/Industrial Design (Long Beach) Dietetics (San Francisco) Engineering: civil and mechanical (Pomona, San José) Engineering: aerospace, computer, electrical, general (San José) English (Long Beach, SD, SLO) Film and Electronic Arts (Long Beach) Graphic Design (Long Beach, Sacramento, SD, SLO) Health Science (Dominguez Hills, Long Beach, SD) Health Services (Fullerton) History (Fullerton, Long Beach) Hospitality and Tourism Management (SD) Human Development (Sonoma) Human Services (Fullerton) Interior Design (Sacramento, San Francisco) Journalism (Fullerton, Long Beach, SD, SF, San José, SLO) Kinesiology/Physical Education (Fresno, Fullerton, Long Beach, San Diego, San José, San Luis Obispo) Liberal Studies (Long Beach, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Sonoma) Medical Technology (Dominguez Hills) Nursing, Basic (Bakersfield, Chico, Channel Islands, East Bay, Fresno, Fullerton, Humboldt, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San José, San Marcos, Sonoma, Stanislaus) RN to BSN programs are not impacted at any campus offering such programs. Occupational Therapy (San José) Political Science (Long Beach, SD, SLO) Psychology (Fullerton, Long Beach, SD, SF, SLO, Sonoma) Radio-Television and Film (Long Beach, San Diego) Recording Arts (Chico) Social Work (Long Beach, San Bernardino, SD, SF, San José) Sociology (Fullerton, Long Beach) For the latest, most up-to-date information regarding impacted campuses and programs in the CSU, please visit our website at: California State University, Fullerton is impacted for firsttime freshmen. All undergraduate applications must be filed during the initial admission application filing period (October 1 through November 30 for fall) to be considered for admission. First-time freshmen must provide SAT or ACT scores no later than December for Fall admission consideration. Upper-division transfers must designate a major at the time of application. Impaction criteria for these applicants are applied based on the type and location of the school where the most transferable units are earned. Impacted major applicants must meet additional standards. Lower-division transfer applications are not accepted. California State University, Long Beach is impacted for first-time freshmen and upper-division transfers and closed to lower-division transfers. First-time freshmen must apply during the initial filing period. First-time freshmen must provide ACT or SAT scores, and it is recommended that these be taken no later than October for fall admission. Upper-division transfers must designate a major at the time of application. Many specific majors are also impacted. Upper-division transfers applying to impacted majors are encouraged to designate an alternate major in case space is not available in their first-choice major.

California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is impacted for first-time freshman applicants and expects to utilize supplemental admission criteria for admission of first-time freshman applicants to the campus. All first-time freshman applicants must apply during the initial admission application filing period (October 1 through November 30 for fall) to be considered for admission. SAT or ACT scores are required regardless of GPA and must be received by Cal Poly Pomona no later than January. The Pomoma campus is also impacted with regard to admission to programs in animal health science, animal science, architecture, and civil engineering. San Diego State University is subject to impaction at all undergraduate class levels. Undergraduates must apply during the initial filing period. All freshmen must provide ACT or SAT scores. It is recommended that you take the test no later than November if applying for fall admission. San Francisco State University is impacted for both freshmen and upper division applications and closed to lower division transfers. Freshmen and transfer applicants must apply during the initial filing period. Freshmen applicants should take the SAT or ACT no later than December if applying for fall admission. San José State University is subject to impaction at all undergraduate class levels. Undergraduates must apply during the initial filing period. All freshmen must provide ACT or SAT scores. It is recommended that you take the test no later than November if applying for fall admission. California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo continues to be impacted in all majors. If you are applying to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, you must file an application during the initial filing period. All freshman applicants must provide ACT or SAT scores. It is recommended that you take the test no later than November if applying for fall admission. Sonoma State University is impacted for first-time freshmen and transfers to several programs. Applications for freshmen and impacted majors must be submitted prior to November 30.

Are there any other CSU campuses with special requirements?

The California Maritime Academy requires all applicants to complete a physical examination prior to enrollment.



Residence Classification

Residence Classification Information

Under California law, campuses must determine the residence status of all new and returning students. Nonresidents are required to pay nonresident tuition and meet other conditions, unless an exception applies. Generally, to be eligible for California resident classification, an adult applicant must have established and maintained permanent residence in California at least one year prior to the applicable residence determination date. A minor's residence classification is based on the permanent residence of his or her parents. Residence determination dates for each academic term are:

Residence Determination Dates

Nonresident tuition may be waived for certain nonresident students who have attended high school in California for at least three full years and have graduated from a California high school or received the equivalent. Students applying for the exemption should request from the campus Admission Office the "California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request" form, complete the document, and show proof of attendance and graduation from a California high school. Students without lawful immigration status also must declare on the request form with a CSU campus that they have filed an application with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to legalize their immigration status or that they will do so as soon as they are eligible to do so. Resident Classification Appeal Process

Quarter Calendars Fall: September 20 Winter: January 5 Spring: April 1 Summer: July 1

Semester Calendars Fall: September 20 Winter: January 5 (Stanislaus only) Spring: January 25 Summer: June 1

If you disagree with a campus decision regarding your residence classification, your appeal must be received by the Office of General Counsel at the address below within 120 days of the final campus decision regarding your residence status. That office may make a decision on the issue or send the matter back to the campus for further review. To file an appeal of residence classification, write to: The California State University, Office of General Counsel, 401 Golden Shore, Long Beach, California 90802-4210. If you have questions about the regulations that govern residence determination or your status under those regulations, refer to the summary of the regulations that appears in the campus catalogs, or consult a campus residence clerk.

Proof of residence requires evidence of both physical presence and intent to remain indefinitely in California established at least one year before the residence determination date. In addition, other rules and exceptions apply. Failure to provide requested information or complete all residence questions may result in a nonresident classification or denial of admission. The rules and regulations that govern residency classification are subject to change, e.g., between the date of publication and the time that a residency classification decision is made. Applicants whose residency status for fee purposes may be uncertain are encouraged to check with the residency clerk for the campus(es) to which they are seeking admission.



How to Apply to the CSU

1. Collect the following materials for completing the application: What happens next?

· Yourhighschooland/orcollegetranscripts;

· Yourtestscores:SAT,ACT,AP,TOEFL(whicheveris/are requiredorrelevant);and · Theapplicationfeeof$55(check,moneyorder,orcreditcardwhen applying electronically) OR obtain an application fee waiver.

2. Complete the Application

You will receive an application acknowledgment from the campus to which you applied. Read it carefully and follow any instructions about when to send in documents or when to take placement tests. You will receive notification of your admission status. When you are admitted to the campus, you will receive information about orientation, registration, and other activities for new students. Some campuses communicate to applicants via e-mail to the e-mail address that is provided on the application. It is the applicant's responsibility to check this e-mail and ensure its accuracy.

What happens if my first-choice campus is full?

To apply online for admission to any of the 23 CSU campuses, please visit CSUMentor at CSUMentor is available free of charge, 24 hours, 7 days a week. For technical support,helpisalwaysavailablebycalling(800)GO-TO-XAPor (800)468-6927,orbye-mailat:[email protected] If you are completing your application online, your completed admission application will be forwarded automatically to the campus(es) of your choice. · Electronic Application: CSUMentor will be available for students to submit fall 2010 applications on October 1, 2009. Log on to Youmaypay: ·withacreditordebitcard;or ·submitacheck;or ·completetheapplicationfeewaiveronCSUMentor. · Checktheapplicationfilingdatesofthecampusyouare interested in to be sure applications are still being accepted. For impacted campuses or programs, you must submit your fall application during the months of October or November for the following year. August is the initial filing month for spring terms. Example: October and November 2009 will be the initial filing period for fall 2010; August 2010 will be the initial filing month for spring 2011. If you are not able to use the CSU Web-based application, you mayobtainanapplicationbydownloadingaPDFfilefromthe CSUMentor website. Instructions on how to download a portable dataformat(PDF)applicationandwheretosenditarealsoprovided at YoumaysubmitthecompletedPDFapplicationtothe admission office at the campus(es) where you want to apply. ToprintaPDFversionoftheCSUapplication,goto:

If your first-choice campus is unable to accommodate you after the initial filing period, it may be possible to "re-route" your application to another campus. If you appear to be CSU eligible and your firstchoice campus is full, you will be offered a chance to be re-routed to one CSU campus that is "open."

When can I apply for admission?

You are urged to apply as early as possible. Applications for impacted programs must be filed during the initial filing period (first month of the filing period or October and November for fall terms). If applying after the initial filing period, consult the campus Admission Office for current information. You may also visit the CSUMentor website.

Application Term Applications First Accepted

Summer Semester or Quarter 2010 Fall Semester or Quarter 2010 Winter Quarter 2011 Spring Semester or Quarter 2011

February 1, 2010 October 1, 2009 June 1, 2010 August 1, 2010

Is it possible to attend in the summer and pay the same fees as charged for other terms?

Yes, some campuses offer opportunities for year-round enrollment. You should inquire with the campus where you plan to enroll about year-round enrollment opportunities or admission to begin in the summer term.

Where can I find more information about the campus to which I am applying?

Log on to for information about all the CSU campuses. You may view "campus facts" for any CSU campus by clicking on "Explore Campuses."

3. Apply for financial aid, if needed

TheFreeApplicationforFederalStudentAid(FAFSA)canbe accessed through You may also authorize CSUMentor to begin your FAFSA application after January 1 by providing data from your electronic admission application. Fall term applicants applying for financial aid should apply between January 1 and March 2 to receive priority processing. Applicants applying for a spring term should apply as soon as possible. (See page 4.)

Using is the fastest and easiest way to apply to the CSU!

4. Arrange to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and/or the Entry Level Mathematics Test (ELM) as soon as possible unless you are exempt. CSU placement tests (EPT and ELM), if required, should be taken by the first Saturday in May of your senior year in secondary school. For general information and test dates, check the most current CSU placement test information bulletin OR visit




Section A



Legal Name

The California State University Application for Undergraduate

Admission 2010-2011

Attach the $55 (U.S.) application fee payable to The California State University. The fee is non-refundable and may not be transferred to another term. Please print responses in black ink. A response to each item is mandatory unless otherwise indicated.

This is an application for admission to _________________________________________________________ Check one term only and send to the campus listed. Summer Quarter or Semester 2010 Winter Quarter (or term) January 2011

Name of Campus

Main Campus Off-Campus Center

Fall Quarter or Semester 2010 Spring Quarter or Semester 2011

2. If you have previously applied to or attended this campus, please list: Term of Application


Term Year

Last Term Attended


Term Year


Last Name

Suffix (e.g., Jr., Sr.)

First Name

Middle Name


Other Name(s) that may appear on your academic records

Last Name

First Name

Middle Name


Current Mailing Address

Street Number Street Name Apartment



Zip Code


Country, if not USA 6. Permanent Address (if different from current as indicated above)

Street Number Street Name

International Postal Code




Zip Code



Permanent Residence (if you live in California, list county of residence) If you live outside of California, list other U.S. state or country.


Home Telephone

Area Code


9. Daytime/Message #

Area Code


10. Fax Number

(Some campuses communicate with applicants via e-mail. Please be certain that this is the e-mail address where your correspondence should be sent. It 11. E-mail ________________________________________________ is your responsibility to read your e-mail messages.)

Area Code Number Continued on next page


Your Name: _________________________________

Application for Undergraduate Admission

Section B

12. Birthdate


Month Day Year


Sex (Enter M or F)

14. Social Security Number

(Your Social Security Number [SSN] is used internally for Federal reporting purposes. No public usage of SSN is permitted.)

15. Statewide Student ID (For California Residents Only: SSID, if known.)

16. Country of Citizenship (All must answer.) 17. Citizenship (Select one of the codes below and enter in box. All must answer.) Y ­ U.S. Citizen R ­ Refugee/Asylee F ­ F Visa (student) J ­ J Visa N ­ None of the above

(Provide the date issued and be prepared to submit verification.)

I ­ Immigrant I-551 ("green card") Date Issued


Month Day Year

O ­ Other Visa (specify)

Date Issued


Month Day Year

18. If you were born outside the U.S., what year did you or will you move to the U.S.?



California State Residency Status

(Your responses to the following questions are required to make a preliminary assessment of your residency status for admission and tuition purposes. The campus may request additional information prior to making a final residency determination.)

19a. If YOU ARE less than 19 years old on the Residence Determination Date, AND you ARE NOT a foster youth, orphan, or ward of the court, please answer the following questions as they pertain to the parent with whom you most recently resided: 1. What U.S. state/possession does your parent regard as his/her permanent home? _____________________________ 2. Does your parent claim California Residency? Yes No Yes


3. Has your parent lived in California continuously since his/her birth? If No, when did his/her present stay in California begin?

Month Day



19b. If YOU ARE 19 years OR OLDER by the Residence Determination Date, OR you ARE a foster youth, orphan, or ward of the court, please answer the following questions as they pertain to you: 1. What U.S. state/possession do you regard as your permanent home? _____________________________ 2. Do you claim California Residency? Yes No No

Day Year

3. Have you lived in California continuously since birth? Yes If No, when did your present stay in California begin?



Yes No

4. Are you a foster youth, orphan, or ward of the court or were you until age 18?

20. If you currently live in California, but you have lived outside of California in the past, list any places you have lived before your present stay in California began, and the parent/guardian with whom you resided, if any.

From Date To Date U.S. State/Territory or Country Parent or Guardian


Continued on next page


Your Name: _________________________________

Application for Undergraduate Admission

Section C

To conform with the new guidelines of the U.S. Federal Office of Management and Budget (, the California State University must collect from applicants detailed information about their ethnic and racial backgrounds. If you select "Yes" in Question 21a, a response to Question 21b is required. Please do not select more than one response in Question 21b as only ONE response is allowed. If you have selected "No" or "Decline to State," do not answer Question 21b.


21a. In regard to your ethnicity, do you consider yourself Hispanic or Latino? Yes

(If "No" or "Decline to State," please go to Question 22.)


Decline to State

21b.If you indicated Yes on Question 21a (above), please select the ONE category below that best describes your background.

(Do not select more than one.)

Argentinean Bolivian Chilean Colombian Costa Rican Cuban Dominican (Republic) Ecuadorian Guatemalan Honduran Mexican Nicaraguan 22. Race

(All undergraduate applicants must respond to Question 22.)

Panamanian Paraguayan Peruvian Puerto Rican Salvadorian Spaniard Uruguayan Venezuelan Other Central American Other South American Other Hispanic or Latino _________________________________

Please specify

The U.S. Census identifies the following races: White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander. These racial categories, as well as many sub-categories, are listed below. Mark one or as many races below as appropriate for you. You may mark as many race categories as are appropriate to you. Please mark only one sub-category for each race category that you select. If you select "Decline to State," then you cannot choose any other boxes.


(Please select the ONE sub-category that best describes your background.)

European Middle Easterner North African Other White _______________________________

Please specify

African American Black Haitian Other African/Black _______________________________

Please specify

Continued on next page

4 Your Name: _________________________________


(Please select the ONE sub-category that best describes your background.)

Application for Undergraduate Admission

Achomawi/Achumawi Cahto (e.g., Cahto Indian Tribe of the Laytonville) Cahuilla (e.g., Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians) Chemehuevi (e.g., Chemehuevi Indian Tribe of the Chemehuevi Reservation, California) Chumash (e.g., Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Mission) Costanoan/Ohlone Cupeno (e.g., Los Coyotes Band of Cahuilla & Cupeno) Gabrielino/Tongva Hupa/Hoopa (e.g., Hoopa Valley Tribe, California) Karuk (e.g., Karuk Tribe of California) Kumeyaay (e.g., Ewiiaapaayp Band of Kumeyaay) Luiseno (e.g., La Jolla Band of Luiseno Mission) Maidu (e.g., Enterprise Rancheria of Maidu Indians) Miwok (e.g., Ione Band of Miwok Indians) Mojave (e.g., Fort Mojave Indian Tribe of Arizona) Ohlone Paiute (e.g., Fort Independence Indian Community of Paiute Indians of the Fort) Pomo (e.g., Coyote Valley Band of Pomo Indians) Quechan (e.g., Quechan Tribe of the Fort Yuma Indians) Serrano (e.g., San Manuel Band of Serrano Mission) Shoshone (e.g., Paiute-Shoshone Indians of the Bishop Community of the Bishop Colony) Tolowa Wappo Washoe Western Mono (e.g., Big Sandy Rancheria of Mono Indians) Wintun (e.g., Cachil DeHe Band of Wintun Indians of the Colusa Indian Community) Wiyot (e.g., Wiyot Tribe, California/formerly the Table Bluff Reservation - Wiyot Tribe) Yokuts Yuki Yurok (e.g., Yurok Tribe of the Yurok Reservation) Latin American Indian Other American Indian Tribes__________________________________________

Please specify

Other Alaska Native Tribes __________________________________________

Please specify

Continued on next page

5 Your Name: _________________________________


(Please select the ONE sub-category that best describes your background.)

Application for Undergraduate Admission

Asian Indian Bangladeshi Bhutanese Burmese Cambodian Chinese (except Taiwanese) Filipino Hmong

Please specify

Indo Chinese Indonesian Iwo Jiman Japanese Korean Laotian Malaysian Maldivian

Nepalese Okinawan Pakistani Singaporean Sri Lankan Taiwanese Thai Vietnamese

Other Asian __________________________________________


(Please select the ONE sub-category that best describes your background.)

Carolinian Chuukese Fijian Guamanian or Chomorro I-Kiribati Kosraean Mariana Islander Marshallese Native Hawaiian Ni-Vanuatu Palauan Papua New Guinean Pohnpeian

Saipanese Samoan Solomon Islander Tahitian Tokelauan Tongan Yapese Other Melanesian Other Micronesian Other Polynesian Other Pacific Islander __________________________________________

Please specify


23. If the California State University is asked to report only ONE summary race/ethnicity description for you, please choose the ONE category below that you want us to report. (All undergraduate applicants must respond to Question 23. Please check only ONE box.) American Indian or Alaska Native Asian Black or African American Hispanic or Latino Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander White Two or more races/ethnicities Decline to State

Continued on next page


Your Name: _________________________________

Application for Undergraduate Admission

Section D

24. Have you ever been on active duty in the U.S. military service? If so, enter a Y in box. 25. Are you a dependent of a U.S. active-duty servicemember? If so, enter a Y in box.

Section E

26. Total Annual Family Income and Family Size (optional). Under federal regulations, you are considered a dependent student if you are under 24 years unless you are a graduate student, are married or have dependents other than a spouse, are a foster youth, orphan, or ward of the court, or are a veteran or active duty member of the U.S. armed services. If dependent, estimate parents' 2009 total annual income (taxed and untaxed) and enter code in box; and indicate family size including your parents, yourself, and other dependents. If independent, estimate the total annual income (taxed and untaxed) for you (and your spouse if married) and enter code in box; and indicate your family size including yourself, spouse, and other dependents. Dependent Students Only: Estimated Total Annual Family Income (Enter code in box.) 1 ­ Less than $24,000 2 ­ $24,000 to $35,999 3 ­ $36,000 to $47,999 4 ­ $48,000 to $59,999 Family Size

5 ­ $60,000 to $71,999 6 ­ $72,000 or more 7 ­ I cannot estimate my parents' income Family Size 7 ­ $60,000 or more 8 ­ I cannot estimate my income

Independent Students Only: Estimated Total Annual Income (Enter code in box.) 1 ­ Less than $6,000 2 ­ $6,000 to $11,999 3 ­ $12,000 to $23,999 4 ­ $24,000 to $35,999 5 ­ $36,000 to $47,999 6 ­ $48,000 to $59,999

27. What are your parents' highest levels of formal education? (optional) Enter code in box for: Mother 1 ­ No High School 2 ­ Some High School and Father 3 ­ High School Graduate 4 ­ Some College 5 ­ 2-Year College Graduate 6 ­ 4-Year College Graduate 7 ­ Postgraduate

Section F

28. What is your degree objective? Enter code in box: 0 ­ None 2 ­ BA 3 ­ BS 4 ­ Other bachelor's (BM, BFA, etc.) 9 ­ Other (specify) Major Code

(See majors matrix.)

Emphasis/Concentration (if any) ___________________________________________________________________________________________

29a. Name of Intended Major _________________________________________________________

29b. Alternative Major (optional) ______________________________________________

(Include units in progress and planned)

Alternative Major Code

30. Total college transferable semester units you will have completed at time entry/re-entry in CSU. Enter appropriate code in box: 1 ­ Fewer than 30 semester units 2 ­ 30-59.5 semester units 3 ­ 60-89.5 semester units 0 ­ No units completed later than the summer following high school graduation 4 ­ 90 or more semester units 5 ­ Have bachelor's degree or equivalent

(Semester units = Quarter units x 2/3)

Continued on next page


Your Name: _________________________________

Application for Undergraduate Admission

31. Teacher or Other Education Credential Objective (May be in addition to major/program objective) Enter appropriate code in box: N ­ Not interested in a credential program X ­ Planning to apply to a credential program at a later time Y ­ Planning to apply to a credential program for this term Credential Objective Name ____________________________________________ 32. Do you have an RN (registered nurse) license? Yes No Credential Code (See majors matrix.)

RN License Number __________________________

Section G

33. High School attended City and State Graduation Date


GED Date

Check here if you will neither graduate from high school nor receive a GED.


34. Print the names and locations of all colleges and universities attended, even if no course work was completed. Begin with the last institution attended. Attach a separate sheet if you need more space. In units completed, exclude work in progress or planned. For units in progress, see item 35. All Institutions


College/University Name


From Mo. Yr. Mo.

To Yr.

Number of Transferable Units Completed

Sem. Units Qtr. Units



Year Degree

To Be Received

Resident Non-Res.*

Fee Status


C O L L E G E C A 0 8 0 5 0 5 0 9 0 6 4

A A 2 0 0 9 Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y


*Attach evidence of nonresident status. (e.g., receipt for payment of nonresident tuition)

Total Units

35. List below college courses in which you are currently enrolled and courses you plan to complete (including summer school) before entering the CSU. Attach a separate sheet if more space is needed. Courses in Progress/Planned

Name and Location of Institution Term and Year (FA/WT/SP/SU) Department Course Number and Title Unit Value



F A 2 0 0 9 E N G L Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y

1 A



Total Units in Progress or Planned Continued on next page


Your Name: _________________________________

Application for Undergraduate Admission

Section H

36. SAT or ACT Scores. If you will not be a college junior at the time of your CSU enrollment, enter test scores and date(s) you will take or have taken the test. If taken prior to March 2005 ACT SAT

E M R S Composite

Date Date





If taken March 2005 or later


E M R S Composite ACT Writing Score




Critical Reading Mathematics


SAT Writing Score


(CSU campuses will not use the SAT or ACT writing scores for admission purposes.) 37a. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required of all applicants who have not studied in English-speaking institutions for at least three (3) years. TOEFL Score

(computerized form)





(paper form)




(iBT/online taken after September 2005)

37b. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (Some campuses/programs accept only TOEFL results.) IELTS Score




Section I

38. Do you wish to apply or reapply through the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)? Yes (If you answered Yes to question 38, please answer items 39, 40, and 41.) 39. Estimated 2009 Family Income and Size: Family Income $ 40. Do you live with: One Parent Both Parents Legal Guardian Family Size Independently No

Of the total number of family members, how many are dependent children? 41. If you are currently enrolled in any EOP or EOP&S program, list campus: _________________________________________________



EOP&S Community College

Continued on next page


Your Name: _________________________________

Application for Undergraduate Admission

Section J

(If you are a junior level transfer student, please go to Section K.)

42. High School Preparation (all first-time freshman applicants and all applicants with fewer than 60 transferable semester units): Enter all college preparatory courses in the appropriate section. College prep courses must be on the UC-approved course list. For completed courses, enter the grade earned; if in progress, enter "I" instead of grade. List only courses that can be verified by your final transcript. List college preparatory elective courses in applicable subject area. If you are listing courses taken at a community college or at a high school other than the one you will graduate from, please write its name next to those courses.

College Preparatory Subjects Grade Level Taken

Semester/Term/Summer Grade

Title of Course Completed, in Progress, or Planned





SOCIAL SCIENCE ­ 2 YEARS One year of U.S. history or U.S. history and American government, and one year of social science.

Total Social Science


ENGLISH ­ 4 YEARS Composition and literature designated as college preparatory. Total English


MATHEMATICS ­ 3 YEARS Algebra I, geometry, algebra II, integrated math, and advanced mathematics. Courses taken in 7th and 8th grades may be considered.

Total Mathematics


LABORATORY SCIENCE ­ 2 YEARS WITH LABORATORY. At least one biological science and one physical science.

Total Laboratory Science



to waiver for applicants demonstrating equivalent competence. College prep language courses taken in 8th and 9th grade may be included.

Total Foreign Language


VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS ­ 1 YEARLONG COURSE. Art, dance, theater/ drama, music. At least one year must be in the same discipline, e.g., music, drama, etc.

Total Visual/Performing Arts


COLLEGE PREPARATORY ELECTIVES Courses not listed above (but are included on UC "a-g" list under "g"). Total College Preparatory Electives

Continued on next page


Your Name: _________________________________

Application for Undergraduate Admission

43. High School GPA for all approved college prep "a-g" courses taken in 10th, 11th and 12th gradess: GPA GPA = Total grade points Total Units


A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0 (Up to a maximum of 8 extra points for UC-approved honors courses taken in the last two years of high school including up to 2 honors courses taken in the 10th grade.)

COURSE WORK OTHER THAN "A-G" If applicable, please list courses other than "a-g" courses that demonstrate a particular focus or interest of yours (i.e., career-technical education courses or language immersion courses).

Section K (Applicants for Transfer Admission)

44. GPA for all transferable undergraduate college work:



45. Are you eligible to re-enroll at all institutions previously attended? Yes

If not, attach an explanation and name any institution that you are ineligible to re-enter. 46. Have you participated in a transfer guarantee or dual admission program involving your community college and a CSU? Yes No Which Community College? ____________________________________________________________________________ Which CSU Campus? __________________________________________________________________________________ Which Major? ________________________________________________________________________________________ 47. In Community College course work, have you been following a CSU Lower-Division Transfer Pattern (LDTP)? Yes No If yes, which major? _____________________________________________________ 48. For Transfers (Please list courses completed or in progress that meet the CSU General Education requirements in Oral Communication, Written Communication, Critical Thinking, and Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning. California Community Colleges usually designate General Education requirements as A1 Oral Communication, A2 Written Communication, A3 Critical Thinking, and B4 Mathematics/ Quantitative Reasoning or IGETC 1a, 1b, 1c, and 2. This self-reported information will be verified. Failure to complete GE coursework with minimum C grades will jeopardize offers of admission.)

Subjects Oral Communication Written Communication Critical Thinking Math/Quantitative Reasoning Institution Term (FA/WT/SP/SU) Department Course Number and Title Unit



* If in progress or planned, enter "I".

Section L

49. EAP - Early Assessment Program (for California residents who attend or attended public high schools): Did you take and receive results for EAP? Yes No

50. Subject to application and availability--If you plan to live in Campus housing, enter a Y in box. 51. Do you have the interest and ability to participate in NCAA-sanctioned intercollegiate athletics competition? Yes No


[If you answered "yes," please contact the campus Department of ____________________________________ Athletics to register your interest in a sport(s).]

Sport Continued on next page


Your Name: _________________________________

Application for Undergraduate Admission

Section M

52. CERTIFICATION -- to be read and signed by all applicants to certify the accuracy of the information provided.

I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that I have provided complete and accurate responses to all the items on this application. I further certify that all official documents submitted in support of this application are authentic and unaltered records that pertain to me. I authorize the California State University to release any information submitted by me in this application for admission and any application for financial aid to any person, firm, corporation, association, or government agency to verify or explain the information I have provided to obtain other information necessary for my application for admission and any application for administration of financial aid and in connection with any perjury proceedings. My signature certifies the accuracy and completeness of the information provided. I understand that any misrepresentation or omission may be cause for denial or cancellation of admission, transfer credit, or enrollment. I certify that so long as I am a student at this institution, I will advise the residence clerk if there is a change in any of the facts affecting my residence. Signed at

City and County Applicant's Signature Date

When claiming California residence and completing this form outside California, it must be subscribed and sworn to before a person authorized to administer oaths, such as a notary public.

Fee Refund Policy -- Fees may be refunded only as authorized by Section 41802 of Title 5, California Code of Regulations. Details concerning the fees that may be refunded, the circumstances under which they may be refunded, and the appropriate procedure to be followed in seeking a refund may be obtained from the office of admission and records on each campus. Use of the Social Security Number -- You are required to include your Social Security Number (or taxpayer identification number) on admission application forms to all CSU campuses pursuant to Section 41201, Title 5, California Code of Regulations. CSU campuses use the Social Security Number to identify your student records maintained in your association with the campus and, if needed, to help collect debts owed the university. Your Social Security Number may be written on your application fee check to facilitate the processing of your fee payment. Also, the Internal Revenue Service requires the university to file information that includes the student's Social Security Number and other information, such as the amount paid for qualified tuition, related expenses, and interest on educational loans. That information is used to help determine whether you, or a person claiming you as a dependent, may take a credit or deduction to reduce federal income taxes. If you do not have a Social Security Number at the time you file the application, you may leave the item blank and the campus will assign a temporary number. However, you should obtain a Social Security Number, unless you are prohibited by law from doing so, and submit it to the university by the time you begin enrollment. Failure to furnish your correct Social Security Number may result in the imposition of a penalty by the Internal Revenue Service.


Received Date Fee Status Data Entry Previous Student File Number By_________________ By_________________

Aworldofinformationisjustaclickaway. Youwillfind helpfulhints,frequentlyaskedquestions,campustours,andgeneralinformationaboutall23campuses. ThephonenumberlistedforeachcampusisfortheOfficeofAdmission.


1250BellflowerBlvd.,LongBeach,CA90840-0106 (562)985-5471· 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032-8530 (323)343-3901· 200 Maritime Academy Drive, Vallejo, CA 94590 (707)654-1330;(800)561-1945· 100CampusCenterDrive,Seaside,CA93955-8001 (831)582-3738· 18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA 91330-8207 (818)677-3700· 3801WestTempleAvenue,Pomona,CA91768-4003 (909)869-5299·


S - Semester system Q-Quartersystem





12 13





15 1

9001 Stockdale Highway, Bakersfield, CA 93311-1099 (661)654-3036· One University Drive, Camarillo, CA 93012 (805)437-8500· 400W.FirstStreet,Chico,CA95929-0722 (530)898-6321· 1000 East Victoria Street, Carson, CA 90747 (310)243-3645·


6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6112 (916) 278-7766·




5500 University Parkway, San Bernardino, CA 92407-2397 (909)537-5188· 5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego, CA 92182-7455 (619)594-6336· 1600HollowayAvenue,SanFrancisco,CA94132-4001 (415)338-1113· OneWashingtonSquare,SanJosé,CA95192-0009 (408)283-7500· SanLuisObispo,CA93407 (805)756-2311· 333S.TwinOaksValleyRoad San Marcos, CA 92096-0001 (760)750-4848·



17 18 19


3 4





5 6 7 8

25800CarlosBeeBlvd.,Hayward,CA94542-3035 (510)885-2556· 5150NorthMapleAvenue,Fresno,CA93740-0057 (559)278-2261· 800N.StateCollegeBlvd.,Fullerton,CA92834-9480 (657)278-7601· 1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521-4957 (707)826-4402·(866)850-9556·


20 21





22 23


1801EastCotatiAvenue,RohnertPark,CA94928 (707)664-2778· OneUniversityCircle,Turlock,CA95382 (209)667-3070·





22 pages

Report File (DMCA)

Our content is added by our users. We aim to remove reported files within 1 working day. Please use this link to notify us:

Report this file as copyright or inappropriate


Notice: fwrite(): send of 205 bytes failed with errno=104 Connection reset by peer in /home/ on line 531