Read untitled text version

KOHO KAWAGOE English Version No. 34

K oedo K aw agoe Ne ws

Kawagoe City, Kokusaikoryu-ka International Relations Division 4th floor of Kawagoe City Hall, 1-3-1 Motomachi, 350-8601 Tel: 049-224-5506 Website: Period of Declaration: from February 15 (Mon) to March 15 (Mon)

February 2010

Declaration of Shi Kenmin-zei (city and prefectural resident tax)

Declaration Form, "Guide to Declaration of Shi Kenmin-zei" etc. will be mailed to citizens considered to be eligible in early February. Even if you are not mailed the declaration form, you need to declare when you check the chart below and find yourself eligible. The form is available at Shiminzei-ka located on the second floor of City Hall, Shuchojo, Renrakujo (Citizen Registration Branch Office), and so forth.

Inquires: Shiminzei-ka (City Tax Div.) Tel: 224-5640

* Without a declaration, certificates regarding income used for borrowing of bank loan, application for public housing, nursery school entrance, etc. cannot be issued.

Please check the chart below if you are required to make a declaration or not

Did you live in Kawagoe City as of January 1, 2010? *The taxation basis date of Shi Kenmin-zei is January 1 every year.



Did you own any office, place for business, or house in Kawagoe City as of January 1, 2010?



Did you have any income from January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009? Will you file the income earned in 2009 to the Tax Office to pay income tax or to receive tax refund such as Iryohi Kojo (Medical Expense Deduction), Jutaku Kariirekin-to Tokubetsu Kojo (Housing Loan Deduction) and so on? Is your income a salary?



Do you have any income other than a salary?


A A - You need to declare Required documents: 1) Declaration form of Shi-Kenmin zei for fiscal year of Heisei 22 (2010) 2) Seal (unregistered seal available) 3) Documents that prove your income (tax payment receipt for income or public pension in 2009 etc.) 4) Receipt for social insurance (Kokumin Kenko Hoken, Kokumin Nenkin etc) payment in 2009, Certification of deduction for life insurance, earthquake insurance, etc, and other necessary documents for deduction (Handicapped Handbooks, etc.) 5) Account books that prove income or expenses etc. if you had income from your business or property. B - You do not to need to declare C - You do not need to declare because the declaration is deemed to be done when final income tax return is filed. For final income tax return "Kakutei Shinkoku", see Feb. 10th issue of Koho Kawagoe. D - You have no obligation to declare. However, you need to declare if you; are member of Choju Iryo Seido and Kokumin Kenko Hoken, need a certificate of tax exemption. As for Choju Iryo Seido and Kokumin Kenko Hoken, your declaration will be a base for the premium calculation. Fill out and mail the reverse side of the application form to declare that you received no income last year.

Did your employer report the payment of your salary to Kawagoe City?


KOHO KAWAGOE English Version No. 34

Enroll in Kokumin Nenkin (national pension plan) when you turn 20

Shimin-ka (Citizen Registration Div.) Tel: 224-5764

Kokumin Kenko Hoken Member Must Report Income!

Kokumin Kenko Hoken-ka (National Health Insurance Div.) Tel. 224-5836

When you turn 20 you are considered an adult and are eligible for enrollment in Kokumin Nenkin. You may think "No need to think of such a distant future," however, no one knows what will happens in the course of a lifetime. Kokumin Nenkin helps you in those challenging times. Those who are living in Japan aged 20 to 59 years are subjected to Kokumin Nenkin. (Even students and foreign nationals who complete foreign registration are subjected.) Kokumin Nenkin is the security system for income of the aged in the form of Rorei kiso nenkin (Basic pension for the aged). Also included are Shogai Kiso Nenkin (basic pension for the disabled due to an illness or injury incurred during membership) and Izoku Nenkin (survivor's pension) that will be paid on certain conditions. If you do not pay the premium, you cannot receive the pension. So, enroll yourself in Kokumin Nenkin when you reach the age twenty and start paying the insurance to secure the stable income for your elderly life. If you are an employee and insured by the health insurance program at your work of employment such as Kosei Nenkin or Kyosai Kumiai, you don't need to enroll Kokumin Nenkin. If the payment of the premium is a burden, the exemption and postponement systems are available, (in case of a student, the special treatment system), so please come to ask.

If you are a member of Kokumin Kenko Hoken (National health insurance) you have to declare your income in the previous year. The contents of your declaration will be used to calculate the limit of personally-born amount of high medical treatment expenses and personally-born amount of meal expenses during hospitalization. Any persons meeting one of following conditions need to declare Shi Kenmin-zei without fail.

1. Dependents on the Tax Law 2. Person with no income in previous year. 3. Recipient of Medical Expense Subsidies for Single Parent Households. 4. High Age Beneficiary Certificate Possessor

Nosanbutsu Chokubaijo

( Farm products direct sales store)


There are two places in the city that sell farm products directly. One is in Fukuhara area, other in Yoshino area offering safe and fresh local farm products. The store in Fukuhara, named Fukusai, is selling vegetables that were grown by producers with an eco-farmer (eco-friendly agriculture) certificate. Aside from vegetables, the Isanuma store sells handmade Udon (noodles) made from local wheat and Manjuu. Since season Satoimo the (taro) will and Daikon with

Isanuma Nosanbutsu Chokubaijo (Yoshino Area) Nosanbutsu Chokubaijo "FUKUSAI" (Fukuhara Area)

(Japanese radish) come into the best store bustle shoppers.

KOHO KAWAGOE English Version No.34

International Center Information

Closed: Tuesdays and New Year Holidays (Dec. 29 to Jan. 3) 23-10 Sugawaracho Tel: 228-7723 (Japanese Only) Inquires: Kokusaikoryu-ka Tel: 224-5506

Kawagoe Station Atre


Klasse de Nihongo Date: Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays.

International Center Klasse Kawagoe 5th Floor

Time: 10:00 a.m.-12:00 noon, 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m, 6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Free Japanese language classes for foreign citizens are provided. No prior registration is needed.

Kireina Nihongo Jozu na Kaiwa Course Date: Wednesdays Time: 10:00 a.m.-12:00 noon

Free Japanese Class for intermediate Japanese learners. To become a student, come to a class at 10:00 a.m. on a Wednesday for an oral and written examination.

Volunteer Opportunities for Translators and Interpreters

Languages needed: Fluency in Japanese and one other language, especially Portuguese, Tagalog and German.

Help Desk For Foreign Citizens Date: Saturdays Time: 12:00 noon-2:00 p.m.

Consultations on living matters are offered by the Kawagoe Kokusai Volunteers' Group. No reservation needed. Please call at 222-9879 for details.

Consultation Services For Foreign Citizens in February Time: 1:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m.

If you need an interpreter, please let Kokusaikoryu-ka know in advance. General Consultation (Japanese and Chinese), 8 (Mon), 22(Mon) General Consultation (Japanese and English), 5 (Fri), 19 (Fri), Legal Consultation (Japanese) Reservation required 26 (Fri) Visa status Consultation (Japanese) 27 (Sat)


SOGO HOKEN CENTER (General Health Care Services Center) 817-1 Ogaya, Kawagoe 350-1104 Tel: 224-8611 Fax: 225-1291

Mother and Child Inquiries: Boshi Hoken-Tanto Tel: 229-4125 Infant and Toddler Consultation (February)

Check Kenkozukuri Schedule (Health Promotion Calendar) for dates and venues. No appointment is needed. Please bring your Boshi-Kenko Techo (Maternal and Child Health Handbook) on the day.

Infant and Toddler Health Checkup (February)

For 4 months, 18 months and 39 months old children. Notification is sent to individuals who are eligible. If you haven't received one, contact Boshi- Hoken Tanto.

Fee Exemption of N1H1 Flu Vaccine

Inquires: N1H1 Flu Vaccination Consultation Tel: 229-4122

N1H1 flu vaccine fee is exempted for those who are between 19 and 64 years old from households on welfare or tax-exempt households in fiscal year of Heisei 21 (2009). Application for exemption must be done before getting vaccinated.

Application Period: Application Place: Until March 31st (Wed) Tax-exempt Households Households on Welfare Required Documents: Hokenjo (Public Health Center), Hoken Iryo Suishin-ka Seikatsu Fukushi-ka (1sr floor of city Hall) (2nd floor of City Hall), Syuchojo and Renrakujo (Citizen Registration Branch Offices) Identification such as driver's licenses, seal, certification of tax exemption (only if you moved in

Kawagoe City in 2009) and letter of Attorney (only if the applicant is not from a eligible household).


KOHO KAWAGOE English Version No.34

February (

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN

Events and Holiday Doctors on Duty)

Koedo Kawagoe Shichi-Fukujin Tour (Seven Deities of Good Fortune)

Seasonal Word "Setsubun "(The day before the beginning of spring) Seasonal Word "Risshun" (Spring begins)

Holiday Doctor on Duty Watari Ganka: 164-1 Fujima Tel: 240-5088

Koho Kawagoe (Kawagoe Newsletter) Publication Day Kenkoku Kinenbi (National Foundation Day) Garbage Collection on Holidays *Check the schedule of your community Holiday Doctor on Duty Inokuma Geka Ichoka Clinic: 5chome 4-12 Arajuku-machi

Tel: 242-6780

Holiday Doctor on Duty Nakamura Geka: 937-3 Fujima Tel: 245-3211 Declaration Period for Shi Kenmin-zei starts(until March 15) Declaration Period for Shotoku-zei (income tax) starts (until March 15)

Seasonal Word "Usui" (Rain Water)

Holiday Doctor on Duty Taguchi Ladies Clinic: 1-1 Kitamachi

Tel: 222-3600

Koho Kawagoe (Kawagoe Newsletter) Publication Day

Naritasan Nomino Ichi (Flea Market) at Naritasan Betsu-in Temple Holiday Doctor on Duty Hayashihara Hifuka Clinic: 6-1 Kujirai Shinden

Tel: 234-6321

Hospitals Open on Holidays (Please be careful not to make a wrong phone call) Holiday Doctors on Duty (listed above) may be subject to change. Please contact each clinic before visiting. Open Hours: 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Kawagoe City Clinic (Internal Medicine/Pediatrics) 2-45-5 Kosemba-machi Tel: 223-0601 Open Hours: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m./1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m./8:00 p.m.-10:30 p.m. Pediatrician is also on duty from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. (Emergencies only) Kawagoe Dental Center 18-3 Sankubocho Tel: 224-3891 Open Hours: 9:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. (Emergencies only)

Koedo Kawagoe News (English Version of Extracts from KOHO KAWAGOE) Translated by Team. K.K.N. that is composed of Kawagoe registered volunteers as Interpreters and Translators.



4 pages

Report File (DMCA)

Our content is added by our users. We aim to remove reported files within 1 working day. Please use this link to notify us:

Report this file as copyright or inappropriate


Notice: fwrite(): send of 202 bytes failed with errno=104 Connection reset by peer in /home/ on line 531