Read Pyramid.pdf text version

SILVER SAFETY PYRAMIDTM

This guide shows you how to easily limit your intake of silver from silver supplements to 25% of the US EPA's RfD safety guideline for total daily oral intake of silver (thus leaving 75% of the RfD available to allow for the silver in your daily drinking water and food intake)

The Silver Safety CalculationTM

12 x lbs -- ppm = drops per day : 12 times lbs divided by ppm equals the number of drops to take of that silver supplement per day to be at 25% of the EPA RfD safety guideline for total daily intake of silver

A public service of the

Easily calculate safe oral usage amounts for any silver supplement (ionic silver or colloidal silver) based on the US EPA safety guideline*

Silver Safety Council

To learn more visit

1. DAILY USE

Using it daily your whole life

www.silversafety.com

where you will also find

· Silver Safety Auto-CalculatorTM · US government websites on silver safety · Much more on silver safety, ppm, etc

THE PURPOSE OF THESE GUIDELINES Silver has been in the drinking water and food supply for thousands of years. It is a commonly occurring mineral that is considered harmless by the US Government when responsible limits on silver intake are maintained. Silver supplements have been used by millions of people, yet reports of skin discoloration from argyria are very rare; it occurs only with excessive intake. As with anything, responsible use is required. These guidelines provide a method for easily determining safe usage limits for any silver supplement. USING THE CALCULATIONS lbs = your total body weight ppm = ppm of silver in your silver supplement SPRAYS: Many silver supplements come in spray form. The general guideline we recommend is "1 spray equals about 3 drops" (3.5 drops to be extra prudent) The limits recommended herein are for silver intake from all silver supplements combined and provide only general guidelines. Users should make judgments about their intake of silver based on these guidelines and on their individual circumstances. Nasal sprays: Some silver products are nasal sprays. The amounts used nasally should always be added in. The Silver Safety Calculation assumes an average drop contains approximately 0.04683 grams of water. PROVIDED BY The Silver Safety Calculation was developed by Jay Newman, creator of Silver 100TM Ionic Silver Complex with patented Opti-SilverTM, which was designed for optimally efficient delivery of silver ions into the human body. The suggested usage on the label for Silver 100TM fully complies with the Silver Safety Guideline. You can learn more about Silver 100TM at www.silver100.com

THE SILVER SAFETY GUIDELINE: Safely Using Silver Supplements

The US EPA has established a safety guideline for daily oral intake of silver, called the Reference Dose or "RfD," which is the EPA's suggested limit for total daily intake of silver from all sources, including drinking water and food. The RfD is also used by the EPA as a guide for suggested limits on silver levels in public drinking water. It is useful to refer to the EPA RfD as a general guide to ensure safe usage when taking silver supplements. The primary concern from excessive intake of silver is a skin discoloration called argyria. To use the RfD as a guideline for safe intake limits for silver supplements, the combined total of your silver intake from drinking water, from food, and from your silver supplements should remain within the RfD limit for total silver intake. The Silver Safety Council estimates that the amount of silver in the daily water intake and food intake for the vast majority of people is well below 75% of the RfD limit for total daily intake of silver. Therefore, the Silver Safety Guideline limits the intake of silver from ongoing daily use of silver supplements to the remaining 25% of the EPA RfD. This guideline, 25% of the RfD for daily use, should reliably keep one's intake of silver from silver supplements within safe limits, well below the levels that could cause any adverse effects.

The maximum number of drops of a silver supplement to consume per day when using it on an ongoing daily basis every day of your whole life (up to 70 years or 25,567 days of ongoing daily use)

12 x ____ -- ____ = ____ drops per day : lbs ppm

The combined total of your "daily use" amounts (#1) and your "short-term use" amounts (#2) should not exceed the total shown for your "entire lifetime" (#3).

2. SHORT-TERM USE

Using it on a short-term basis

The maximum number of drops of a silver supplement to consume per day when using it on a short-term basis for short-term goals as desired

THE SILVER SAFETY CALCULATIONTM Makes Things Extremely Simple

The EPA RfD for silver is 5 micrograms of silver per kilogram of body weight per day (5mgc/kg/day). Most silver supplements, however, whether called ionic silver or colloidal silver, are labeled in terms of parts per million ("ppm"), which is a measure of the concentration of silver in the product, not by micrograms. The Silver Safety Calculation is a simple tool that takes care of every one of the conversions for you. Just plug in the pounds that you weigh and the "ppm" of silver in whatever silver supplement you're using, and it will take care of the rest. You don't have to deal with mcg vs ppm, or with kg vs lbs, or to even subtract 75% of the RfD to get to the 25% limit. It does it all for you.

120 x ____ -- ____ = ____ drops per day : lbs ppm

Most people use silver supplements not on a daily basis but rather only when they feel the need. As a general guideline, limit your usage at this "short-term use" level to no more than 10 days per month. The combined total of your "daily use" amounts (#1) and your "short-term use" amounts (#2) should not exceed the total shown for your "entire lifetime" (#3).

3. ENTIRE LIFETIME

Maximum total to use during your entire lifetime

The maximum total number of drops of a silver supplement to consume over your entire lifetime

306,600 x ____ -- ____ = ____ drops over your entire lifetime : lbs ppm

You should not consume large quantities of silver in a short period of time. The EPA RfD refers to ongoing daily use for 70 years (#1). The body needs time to assimilate and eliminate what it needs to, which is the reason to also follow the general guideline for short-term use (#2). This figure in #3 shows the total of the "daily use" limit over 70 years. While it's impractical to precisely monitor your entire lifetime usage, this figure provides a useful guideline for responsible usage limits. (It also shows how generally safe silver supplements are, since very few people will ever approach this level with responsible use throughout their entire lifetime.)

* The EPA did not create and has not endorsed the Silver Safety Guideline or the Silver Safety Calculation. It has not represented that limiting silver intake from silver supplements to 25% of the RfD will limit total silver intake to safe levels or adheres to the RfD guideline. © 2012 Jay Newman. All rights reserved. This document may be reproduced and circulated freely provided that it is kept fully intact and contains all the information herein including the Sponsor section. rev B

Information

1 pages

Find more like this

Report File (DMCA)

Our content is added by our users. We aim to remove reported files within 1 working day. Please use this link to notify us:

Report this file as copyright or inappropriate

381518


You might also be interested in

BETA